Tuesday 9 September 2014

Where in the world?

The idea for this post occurred to me a short while ago when I was doing my usual, gallivanting (wandering around) places in the world and I thought it'd be a good opportunity to share with you all the beautiful places which I have had the joy to visit. See if you can guess where I am before you read the description....




1. AUSTRIA- The beautiful Zell am See. This is one of my all time favourite photos, the scenery here was breath-taking. I spent two weeks here on a family holiday and by the end of it we still hadn't explored enough of the country. If you are ever there then I'd recommend visiting Kitzsteinhorn and if you're a skier or snowboarder take full advantage of the chance to ski on a glacier! If not, go through the tunnel to Gipfelwelt 3000 and the highest altitude in the Salzbourg region.

Another must-see places include:
Sigmund thun klamm gorge

Krimmel Waterfall (the 5th highest in the world)
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
2. Orkney-The Italian chapel! This one was on my mum's bucket list. The Italian chapel was built by Italian POWs during the Second World War. They wanted to build a place of worship while they were building bridges between all the small islands that make up Orkney, this was the result a gorgeous chapel which still holds regular services to this day.
 
If you are ever in Orkney don't miss this....or these:
 
The Ring of Brodgar
Skara Brae
A trip into Kirkwall/Stromness
St Magnus' Cathedral, Kirkwall
The Stones of Steness
Scapa Flow
 
 
 

 
 

 
3. France-Lourdes! A pilgrimage sight for millions of Catholics and non-Catholics alike, this building is the Basilica of the Rosary. I just adore the atmosphere and beauty of Lourdes, it is incredible to feel that sense of belonging when you share the same belief as many around you. I can't describe the feeling I get when I visit and I hope everyone who wishes gets a chance to experience this at some point in their lives.
 
Other places:
Take a day trip to Bartes
 
 
 

4. You've guessed it, haven't you?
 
NEW YORK!
 
This photo is of the iconic Brooklyn Bridge looking towards Manhattan. What an experience! It was a glorious day as we sauntered along, not exactly the quietest walk in the world as the cars pass by to the right of you but it was lovely none the less. What else can I say other than....


Look out for:

The Empire State Building (for obvious reasons)
Top of the Rock (for the best view of Central Park)
Wander into Central Park and make the most of the sunshine!
And take a day trip to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island :)



That concludes the first "Where in the world?", I'm sure that there will be more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment